December 13, 2012

New Moon 1

Post image for How The Moon Impacts Your Mood
How The Moon Impacts Your Moods

"Whenever I feel a little unbalanced I usually blame it on the full moon, because I always find around this time I get emotional, touchy, and aggravated. Many people tell me it’s just a myth, but I’m pretty convinced that the moon’s pull has an impact on my body.

After all, we are 70% water and the effect it has on the tide could just be happening to our bodies, too. There is an ancient awareness of the full moon’s effect on mental and emotional health – in England in the 18th century a person who committed a crime during a full moon could plead lunacy and get a lighter sentence. The problem was apparently so widespread that in 1824 they created the Lunacy Act which claimed that people were liable to go mad when the moon was full. I can hold my hands up and say that I tend to get a little emotional whenever there’s a full moon or act a little strange. My mind gets so tense and worked up that I feel sorry for the people around me – If only I could plead “lunacy” and get away with it." from Jenna at Free People


I feel all the moon phases affect us, including the current new moon ~ ugh.